Estrogen in the O.R.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

rethinking feminism


Today I discovered a very good reason for getting married, or at least having some loyal male friend who will do anything for you.
Today, I mowed the lawn. O yes. It hadn't been done since July. 3 months. mmhmm. fortunately, we have a lot of trees, so only a small section was really overgrown. But, there were lots of limbs that had fallen, and I wanted the grass shorter before the leaves started falling in earnest, so it would not be a major pain to rake them.
My objectives:
1.pick up branches/limbs prior to mowing
2.rake areas not amenable to mowing (steep slope at front of yard)
3.mow lawn.

Sounds simple, right? hah! I spent almost 4 hours on these objectives. And I only finished the front lawn!!!! By the time I finished, it was pitch black outside, and had been for the last 1/2 hour of my work. I feel quite certain the neighbors suspect I'm, ahem, not quite right. But by the time I got the lawnmower to work properly, I was bound and determined to finish tonight. I could not stand the thought of still having it to do tomorrow. Thank goodness there were leaves on the grass, the reflection of which I could see from the street lamps, to show me where I needed to guide the lawnmower. It remains to be seen what kind of job actually got done - I'll be eager to take a peak at it in the morning when the sun comes up.

So, for all my feminist haranges, I do think that having a male-type person around do take care of such matters would be quite nice. Until then I shall consider moving into a condo where I don't have a yard to mow. : )

When I finished, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror
and was quite amused at my degree of dishevelment - I've included a picture for all to enjoy - my appearance and my mood. : ) !

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Work! You're the cutest

     

Post a Comment

<< Home