Estrogen in the O.R.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

where my treasure is...

So, I've been sitting around pondering how to save money, with this underlying anxiety about "what if I don't have enough for my loans/emergencies/etc." I was playing around with making a budget this am (I woke up at 4. I don't know why. but what else do you do when the rest of the world is sleeping?). anyway, I had gotten it all sorted out when I started reading my bible. Which I really wanted to do, mind you. And guess what I read??

Luke 12...
But God said to him," You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?" This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.
But seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you as well.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Hah! so much for savings. But the question is, what does it mean? Who should I be giving money to? And should I, since I'm in a lot of debt.

But, I think it's true, and that I can either live a life that makes me feel like I am making myself secure, or I can live on the edge a bit. Not save enough to feel good about it, and instead try to give stuff away to people/causes that I think honor God.

the adventure continues...

4 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmh. This is a difficult topic. I wonder if it could be God's will to give money to people and causes that you actually don't own since you are in debt.

    Judith

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger libby said…

    true, except that I could give some, and save some (because I'm not paying back my debt yet), and then make a lot of money quickly when I finish my training and pay off all my debt before I leave the country. That's my current plan. : )

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't forget that your treasure is in more than money. That you can be rich to God with your time, with your love, with your gifts.

    Lomo!

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger libby said…

    Lomo! : ) Good point - thanks for the reminder. Hope things are not too hectic on your side of the pond.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home