Estrogen in the O.R.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

the end is nigh

Night float ends tonight! I am VERY excited about that. It means I can talk to some of you during normal hours!
That said, it has been fun at times. I get to teach med students. It makes me feel like I know something.

FYI, if you have bad emphysema (also known as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), and you have oxygen flowing into your nose through a nasal cannula all the time, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, light a cigarrette. It will cause an explosion into your nostrils and possibly down into your airway, and you could be at risk for losing your airway (it may swell shut). A word to the wise - don't do it. The problem is most people with COPD are smokers and they cannot live with out extra oxygen or cigarrettes. It's an unfortunate dilemma. It seems like a really stupid thing to do, but addiction is a funny thing. Makes the knogin turn off sometimes. Maybe you should just stop smoking at an early age. Yeah. Do that.

ok. that's all. cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home