Estrogen in the O.R.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

surgery cont'd.

omy I'm so bad at keeping up with this. My apologies.
What's been going on? Well, it might be interesting to you to relay the details of my day, like, I helped with a liver resection today. We removed a benign liver mass. Did you know that if you take birth control pills for a long time, you have an increased risk of getting a mass in your liver??? And if you are pregnant with one of these masses, it can actually rupture??? crazy. So watch your estrogen levels, ladies.

In other news, I'm mostly enjoying the people with whom I work. I did cry yesterday. Hah! My chief tells me, "You're not a girl, you're a surgery resident." Silly man. I didn't cry in front of anyone. I guess that's good.

I went back to Nashville last weekend! It refilled my emotional tank. I love my friends! And I miss you!!

Special message to Judith: Hoffenlich alles geht gut fur dich! Ich kann vielleicht dort fliegen in April. Was dankst du?

That's all. I need sleep.

-E

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ja, Frau Doktor, das klingt gut! Her mit Dir!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home