Estrogen in the O.R.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dude! I'm tired. Or tard as they say around here. And I had July 4 completely off! What am I complaining about? owell. I got to remove a colon today. And a melanoma. And yesterday, I helped clean out a femoral artery so a guy could get blood to his right leg. It's fun! And I'm getting less skittish about ordering things for my peeps. That said, 3:20 am is not when God intended people to get out of bed. I feel quite certain of that. I may go to bed now - it 6:45pm. That's reasonable! I still would just get over 8 hours.

Male surgeons are curious creatures. They wear these do-rag things on their heads and saunter around the hospital like thugs on a Friday night and expect people to part the waters as they walk by. That's not completely fair. Some don't - but some do. This is something that I will never do - for many reasons!

I'll explain the finer points of those reasons later.

Cheers,
E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home