Estrogen in the O.R.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

home again!

So - the roadtrip was a success. I got to see crowlo, her babies and hubby, and a plethora of precious people in D.C. I also almost got a date in D.C., while killing time in a starbucks. A couple of guys were sitting outside at a table directly across the glass wall from the table where I was sitting, and they started a conversation by writing on a napkin and putting it against the window! I thought it was cute. I'm a sucker. I also felt like since I didn't live there, there would be no harm in playing along. so, fellows, keep this in mind next time you see a cute chick at starbucks. : ) (caveat: I'm not claiming to be a cute chick, but these guys must have thought I looked interesting enough to converse with by napkin.)

That was NOT the highlight. the highlights were hanging out with babies (3 altogether), sleeping every night for almost as long as I wanted, and discovering who my friends have become. Crowlo is a veritable artsy crafsty mommy instructor person. And the D.C. family - amazing! From college sweethearts to mom and dad with a pumpkin for a son. The single folks I saw - you were equally valuable to my heart...and refreshing. Makes me remember I'm not behind - it's just that the "married with babies" folks are ahead. : )

Buying a condo. I'm going to do it. I shall live like a pauper for a little while, but I own a fold out couch in addition to my bed, so do not hesitate to visit!!!

I don't own much else. I'm ok with that.

cheers! E

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    married folks with babies aren't "ahead" they're just on a DIFFERENT life trajectory...or different life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home