Estrogen in the O.R.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Post-call

Still at the hospital. I slept 4 hours on either end of the night, but was awake from 12-4. I don't think it's the best sleep pattern, but I can't complain. I'll get to go home once my patient has gotten his very important test this morning.
So, I had to give a presentation on Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (it means your platelet count goes down when you've been on Heparin (a blood-thinner)). Anyway, my resident amuses me because he's so serious. But he's good natured, so he doesn't seem to mind that I poke fun at his seriousness. Halfway through my presentation I started laughing uncontrollably because I realized that my description of heparin sounded quite ridiculous, and it actually made his lips curl up at the edges. I felt quite gratified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home